Immigration Law

Immigrating to Canada can be daunting process due to its complexity. It can be challenging with extensive documentation to manoeuvre with many different immigration categories. It can be overwhelming without the necessary expertise required. We at Kaur Law can assist you in your immigration matter by navigating the complex immigration landscape so you can feel confident your immigration needs are in very capable hands..

Our firm offers expertise in the following Corporate matters:

    • Visit Canada
    • Temporary Resident Visas (Business & Tourism)
    • Business Visitors
    • Electronic Travel Authorization
    • Super Visa
    • Study in Canada
    • Student Direct Stream
    • Work in Canada
    • The International Mobility Program (IMP)
    • The Temporary Foreign Worker Program
    • Spousal Open Work Permit
    • Global Skills Strategy
    • Permanent Residence: Express Entry
    • Federal Skilled Worker
    • Federal Skilled Trade
    • Canadian Experience Class
    • Permanent Residence: Investment
    • The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
    • Provincial Nominee Program-Entrepreneur
    • Family Sponsorship
    • Spousal, Partner, or Child Sponsorship
    • Parent & Grandparent Sponsorship
    • Stay in Canada
    • Permanent Residence Applications
    • Maintaining Your Status
      Your Permanent
    • Resident Card
    • Citizenship
    • Caregivers

To apply for and obtain temporary/permanent residency of Canada, there are many immigration streams including:

Family Sponsorship

You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada. Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), family living abroad may be sponsored as well as spouses or common-law partners living in Canada with their sponsor. Persons who can be sponsored in the family class include the spouse, common-law partner (including same-sex partner), conjugal partner, dependent children, parents, grand-parents, children adopted from abroad, and other relatives in special circumstances

Permanent Residence: Express Entry

The application process for skilled immigrants who want to settle in Canada permanently and take part in our economy. Express Entry is an online system that is used to manage applications for Immigration to Canada as permanent residence. Applicants are allocated points based on various selection criteria, and highest ranked applicants are invited to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

Work In Canada

If you’re are a foreigner you need to obtain a valid work permit to work in Canada. Based on the employment and work restrictions applicable to the work permit holder you may have an open or closed work permit. There are various categories work permit are granted for example for temporary workers, business people, students and Caregivers Program.

Students applying for Work Permit in Canada

After graduation a person with study permit may qualify for a post-secondary work permit, which offers the possibility of staying in the country after your graduation, gaining valuable Canadian work experience and may thereafter apply for Permanent Residence application.

Visit in Canada

Most people need a visa OR an Electronic Travel Authorization to travel to Canada – not both. Some people may only need their valid passport. Citizens from certain countries may need a visa to enter Canada. Foreign nationals from specified countries require an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter Canada and don’t require the Temporary Resident Visa. Canada has a Temporary Resident Visa program which allows you to enter Canada legally for business or tourism purposes.

A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada. You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper.

How long you can stay

Visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. The border services officer at the port of entry may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport or give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the by which date you need to leave.

If your passport is not stamped, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you can ask a border services officer.

Parent and grandparent super visa

A super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.

Useful Links